October 25, 2010

My Weekend in Review

This past weekend was much the same as other weekends. Except, of course, for the massive amount of rain we had here. It was so heavy at times, I had trouble sleeping (I’m not a heavy sleeper, though). I am so glad that we had some work/repairs done on our gutter; I discovered a wall of water pouring off the top during the late spring. Now it’s nice and fixed and I don’t have to worry about it (until something else goes wrong)!

My husband and I took a trip to Costco. As usual, we spent over $100 but didn’t really buy much (some wine, cat litter, ect.). Costco can be dangerous that way! I am somewhat of a minimalist, so I don’t have an urge to buy a whole lot of stuff. We did buy some new baking sheets, and here is why I wanted these: every time I bake (which is not too often), the bottoms of my cookies, ect., are always very dark. I read somewhere that this is more likely to happen if you use dark baking sheets. Our old ones were a dark charcoal color, and they were in bad shape.

We also went out to see the movie Hereafter, direct by Clint Eastwood. It was a very good movie - I recommend it. The trailers give the impression that it’s almost a horror movie, which it is definitely not.

No comments:

Post a Comment